|Helios 2 Operator - Electronics & Electrical
The Helios 2 accelerator system has been in Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS) since 1998. Helios 2 accelerator system stores the electron beam of more than 300 mA at energy 700 MeV. It mainly includes the following subsystems, (1) a storage ring; (2) a cryogenics system; (3) a Microtron injector; (4) a RF system; and (5) a control system. Each system has its own power supplies, cooling water suppliers and compressed air supplies. The Helios 2 has a capacity to service as many as 21 beam lines for different research purposes and teaching applications. Currently there are six beam lines connect to Helios 2. We invite the highly motivated talents to fill the following positions.
Helios 2 Operator - Electronics & Electrical
• Conduct the daily Helios 2 operation.
• Work on extended shift when request by users.
• Approach Helios 2 call out after office hours.
• Work with the engineer conducting the regular maintenance the facility electrical equipment such as RF system, Microtron, control system, and power supplies, etc.
• Work with the engineers troubleshooting and solving the electrical or electronics parts failures such as power supplies, power tubes, ICs, transistors, relays, timers, and contactors, etc.
• Sort and order the replacement of electronics and electrical parts due to the original suppliers does not exist anymore.
• At least a diploma in electrical or electronics engineering.
• At least 5 years working experience in industrial electrical or electronics equipment maintenance.
• Experience of PLC or other industrial equipment control system is preferred.
• Experience with OpenVWS operating system is preferred.
• Experience of RF system is also preferred.
• Willing to do extended shift.
• Willing to approach the Helios 2 critical call out after office hours such night, Saturday, Sunday and Public Holiday.
• A good team player.
• Highly motivated and possess good analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
The position will be open until a suitable candidate has accepted the job offer. The announcement will then be withdrawn from SSLS’ and NUS’ websites.
Please send your application with a CV, copies of supporting documents (educational certificates, testimonials etc) and a recent photograph to:
HR & Recruitment
5 Research Link